FRAG Forums

The forums of the FRAG LAN
It is currently 28 May 2020, 05:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: MR and Miss Frag
PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 17:35 
Captain
Captain

wow nice try guys to create a an account just for today to encourage , a fashion show.

I WOULD PREFER TO SEE A BAND COME AND PLAY AND JAM FOR THE GAMER NOT A FASHION SHOW.

BRING A BAND AND HAVE A COMP FOR THE GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR , BAND AGAINST A GAMERS BAND THAT WOULD BE AWESOME AND BE VERGE MATERIAL.THIS WILL ENCOURAGE PPL TO COME AND SEE THE BAND AND COME AND GAME SO YOU HAVE TWO GROUPS OF PPL COMING THE BANDYS AND THE GAMERS???

just one question has this sort of marketing worked for any other gaming company in the world.

you say frag is an entertainment business , where else have you guys done functions , do you guys have a portfolio for such an event . i have to agree with doppler that by doing such an event will just add congestion to the competetions.

we have just got the xbox up and running successfully , does not mean now we have to go extreme and have a fashion show.

this may not exist but in certain gaming cultures , this would be a slap in the face and constitute the lime light off gaming and towards fashion run way rats. gamers would prefer to have more acknolegement for thier time and effort in playing the game they enjoy .

encourage more gamers to come to the event , setup special priceing for teams coming from a far. organise vouchers for gamers at gamig shops like bt games or cna or incredible corruption.

GUYS CONCENTRATE ON IMPROVING GAMING FOR KZN , NOT A ENTERTAINMENT AGENCY SIGINIGN UP THE NEXT HEIDI KLUM OR CINDY NEL. GET US MORE COVERAGE ON THE VERGE GET MORE COMPANIES ENVLOVED TO SPONSOR . REACH 600 GAMERS AND TRY GET THE 1000 GAMER LAN FOR ICC READY , COME UP WITH IDEAS ARRANGE FOR PPL TO COME .

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 17:35 
Captain
Captain

wow nice try guys to create a an account just for today to encourage , a fashion show.

I WOULD PREFER TO SEE A BAND COME AND PLAY AND JAM FOR THE GAMER NOT A FASHION SHOW.

BRING A BAND AND HAVE A COMP FOR THE GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR , BAND AGAINST A GAMERS BAND THAT WOULD BE AWESOME AND BE VERGE MATERIAL.THIS WILL ENCOURAGE PPL TO COME AND SEE THE BAND AND COME AND GAME SO YOU HAVE TWO GROUPS OF PPL COMING THE BANDYS AND THE GAMERS???

just one question has this sort of marketing worked for any other gaming company in the world.

you say frag is an entertainment business , where else have you guys done functions , do you guys have a portfolio for such an event . i have to agree with doppler that by doing such an event will just add congestion to the competetions.

we have just got the xbox up and running successfully , does not mean now we have to go extreme and have a fashion show.

this may not exist but in certain gaming cultures , this would be a slap in the face and constitute the lime light off gaming and towards fashion run way rats. gamers would prefer to have more acknolegement for thier time and effort in playing the game they enjoy .

encourage more gamers to come to the event , setup special priceing for teams coming from a far. organise vouchers for gamers at gamig shops like bt games or cna or incredible corruption.

GUYS CONCENTRATE ON IMPROVING GAMING FOR KZN , NOT A ENTERTAINMENT AGENCY SIGINIGN UP THE NEXT HEIDI KLUM OR CINDY NEL. GET US MORE COVERAGE ON THE VERGE GET MORE COMPANIES ENVLOVED TO SPONSOR . REACH 600 GAMERS AND TRY GET THE 1000 GAMER LAN FOR ICC READY , COME UP WITH IDEAS ARRANGE FOR PPL TO COME .

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 19:24 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

A_jax wrote:

Ok I really really really like that idea :D

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 02:49 
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Dunno about the beauty pageant idea guys, think it'll be a bit fail. As an entertainment event rather than being only lan focused, I understand in the ideas of trying to expand the entertainment options available to the attendees of the event but I think we need to be careful of the even trying to do too much too quickly. Reminds a little bit of the paintball idea which was nice, but was it worth all the extra expenses incurred. Something like could end up being a million times worse.

Also agree with Ajax, if we want to add in an entertainment factorm why not invite some of our local bands to play a gig at events. That might be pretty cool since most of us listen to rock music anyway. It'll be a different angle and i think it will help to pull in more numbers and new faces.

Just an idea

Later days
-Jitters

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 12:55 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

That band vs gamers GH idea was so awesome i dono y i didn't think about it myself :P

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 15:18 
Website Team Leader
Website Team Leader

i must admit i agree a fashion show would be way outta place at frag

and frankly i don't think it would be that well attended either

that GH idea is awsome

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.

http://ush.sytes.net Give us a visit

PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 12:00 
LAN Admin Team Member
LAN Admin Team Member

First of all...
A_jax wrote:

don't dis Lana for signing up! she's a forumite now, just like you and is entitled to her opinion!!

Secondly,
GiZmOnDo wrote:
Reminds a little bit of the paintball idea which was nice, but was it worth all the extra expenses incurred

we didn't incur any expenses - it was a service offered by the paintball company, we didn't hire them.

Thirdly,
GiZmOnDo wrote:
why not invite some of our local bands to play a gig at events.

in the process and we have a band ready to come and play... just to finalise the details. if we get Edgewood for June, then most likely they will be there... (don't ask for their name, you won't get it yet...)

Lastly, thanks for the input on the "fashion show" - that wasn't actually the original idea, the original idea just wasn't conveyed across correctly. still, your input counts, so thanks... ;)

PS:
A_jax wrote:
organise vouchers for gamers at gamig shops

oh, this is also underway and if all goes according to plan, will be up and running by the end of May.

PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 12:19 
Captain
Captain

sorry doug i did not mean to dis lana , but i thought lana had an account on frag already,does not matter any how , good to hear you guys got a band , so it seems i have good ideas these days i must sell my services as a consultant for entertainment purposes.

but i hope the band will do a GH world tour against the some of the gamers at frag for fun. im sure shoprite packet can sing for them , he has a voice of a song bird tweet tweet.

voucher will be awesome , i can afford to buy some legit games now!! ;)

PostPosted: 20 May 2009, 14:40 
Corporal
Corporal

i think a fashion show complete with swimsuit and evening gowns might be a little too much,

a lil side comp to give all the nerds a chance to ogle some attractive girls (not like we dont have enough of those pics on our pc's) could be fun though,

as far as bringing together two groups of ppl, i agree with the band thing rather try to get two groups of ppl who are already sorta mixed ie: gamers and "bandies" instead of getting two groups together who are worlds apart ie: fashion Models and gamers.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 10:56 
Sergeant
Sergeant

LOL LOL LOL :mrgreen:

I only read this now :D im keen for it \:D/

Ill try my best to Get my Gf to come :D

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 12:58 
Major General
Major General

1 more kangaroo like outburst from u jarryd and /f del like np