The forums of the FRAG LAN
It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 13:00

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Graphics Issues
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2011, 19:17 
Private
Private

Hi there

Purchased an entirely new machine and decided on this 560Ti as it was the cheapest model available by quite a bit. I noticed some glitches/artifacts in BF3, only minor so I didn't pay much attention as I'd read that there were issues like this being addressed. Than I started playing MW3 and the issue just seemed to go from bad to terrible. The screen tears,black bars, color and texture blurring can get so bad that I don't see an opponent standing right in front of me. I've noticed some slight things like this in games like Dead Space 2 and a few others but not nearly as bad as in MW3 and to a lesser extent BF3.

I'm running an i5 2400 , 4gb ddr3 ram,1tb Samsung HDD,500w PSU, CM Centurion 590 Chassis with latest drivers/updates and everything at stock speed.

Is this just an issue with Nvidia and these specific games or is my paranoia warranted and I may have a faulty card? I know it's not the most highly thought of manufacturer here in South Africa.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Post subject: Re: Graphics Issues
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 10:44 
LAN Owner
LAN Owner

have u update your direct x and gfx card drivers to the latest ones

http://www.pe-Tourism.com/

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 16:53 
Private
Private

hey, yeah that was the first thing I tried. Had the latest drivers ready when I bought the card, rolled back to the older ones to see if that would make a difference, it didn't. All games are updated as well. Absolutely nothing has been OC'd at any time. Had the whole system for just over a month. Temperatures don't seem too bad either. And since it's not limited to one or two games I can only assume the card is having some issue. :TT TT:

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 16:14 
Website Team Leader
Website Team Leader

i would contact the nvidia support and ask for their suggestions, if they advise for the card to be rma'd(sent back to manufacturer and replaced) contact the peopl you bought it from and get it sent back

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.

http://ush.sytes.net Give us a visit

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 10:35 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Hi i dont have the exact article but it would seem that if you update to the latest Nvidia graphis driver it screws up the whole card and i hardware fault comes into effect and the card itsel doesnt recieve enough power and does what is happening to you so the best bet is to return it and get anew one and dont update the drivers past the ones thatyou get on the CD just to be sure untill this is resolved from nvidias side which could take years since this issue has happened on a wide range of cards for over 2years