FRAG Forums

The forums of the FRAG LAN
It is currently 27 Jan 2021, 03:34

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: Bringing our own X-Box?
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2009, 11:28 
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Pfff that sucks hard so they only make that available online, man i hate microsoft some times

man Xbox is just a less advanced smaller PC

If i had mine now I would throw it against the dang wall

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2009, 11:33 
Website Team Member
Website Team Member

You're quite the violent chap? X-Box has many advantages over PC... Lets not get into the debate though.

Last defiled by The_Q? on Quesday, 13:37, edited -1.5 times in total.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2009, 13:02 
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

well i try not to be, I would like to hear these advantages some time cuz i think there is none, thats why i sold mine. and if you dont buy your own TV you all ways playing on the family TV which sucks for your family.

but obviously it has none when it comes to LAN :lol:

just a power hungry machine.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2009, 13:45 
Website Team Member
Website Team Member

How about no viruses/spy-ware or malware?

How about very little to almost no lag ever? With even less if you install the game to your hard-drive.

How about the ability to insert a CD & play?

How about the fact that on ONE machine, TWO people can play unlike a PC?

How about the fact that an X-Box never needs upgrading to play the latest games?

How about the fact that the copy protection is limited to the disc & no installing silently to your hard drive & preventing you from playing games that you LEGITIMATELY purchased in the first place?

How about the fact that Final Fantasy XIII will probably never come out for PC?

How about the fact that the turn around time for a game developer with consoles is much much shorter that one for PCs cause they develop for specific hardware and don't have to write line upon line of optimization code?

Due to the above, GREAT GAMES are released on console before the PC versions are: Mass Effect, Gears of War, BioShock; to name a few.

DISCLAIMER: This is not an X-Box is better than PC debate. Their are advantages to both platforms. This list merely serves to illustrate the point where an X-Box outshines a PC. That will be all.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2009, 16:20 
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

How about no viruses/spy-ware or malware?
lol that will soon change

How about very little to almost no lag ever? With even less if you install the game to your hard-drive.
Man maybe it was just me but my Xbox laged more than my old S*** PC, and the repair man sad that is how it normally is

How about the ability to insert a CD & play?
I would rather install it, just a silly extra

How about the fact that on ONE machine, TWO people can play unlike a PC?
Dont under stand this one cuz you can do that on PC aswell, I play with my brother all the time

How about the fact that an X-Box never needs upgrading to play the latest games?
well then there is no bugs and glitches being fixet I asume

How about the fact that the copy protection is limited to the disc & no installing silently to your hard drive & preventing you from playing games that you LEGITIMATELY purchased in the first place?
I really dont under stand this 1 but I have never had that problem I buy all my games Originals

How about the fact that Final Fantasy XIII will probably never come out for PC?
It will eventually come on to PC, If not that sucks. You have 1 point here from me

How about the fact that the turn around time for a game developer with consoles is much much shorter that one for PCs cause they develop for specific hardware and don't have to write line upon line of optimization code?
Hmmm I didnt know that. another point for you 1 But then why the hell they cost more?

Due to the above, GREAT GAMES are released on console before the PC versions are: Mass Effect, Gears of War, BioShock; to name a few.etc
Cuz they are microsoft games and they want money Xbox games cost the most, I can smell milking in progress

DISCLAIMER: This is not an X-Box is better than PC debate. Their are advantages to both platforms. This list merely serves to illustrate the point where an X-Box outshines a PC. That will be all.

Well i still dont c alot of advantages. besides that the PC i have now is probly 10x more powerfull then a Xbox and I have a Xbox remote so I have a Xbox and PC in 1 :lol: :D

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 07:43 
Website Team Member
Website Team Member

Seriously? You concede 1 point? I smell PC fanboism :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 09:54 
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

yea, I some times think I had a bad Xbox or summing.

but i aint saying they shouldnt make them cuz i still love playing them :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 10:13 
Major General
Major General

WOW the good ol debate again cmon guys its pointless we all know that handheld gaming is the best cmon :P

PC: I7 950, MSI X58 PRO - E, 12GB Kingston DDR3,XFX 5850, Gigabyte ODIN 720W, Gigabyte X8, Warboard, x7 Laser gaming Brilliance, Logitech X-530, Logitech G330.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 10:33 
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

well i havent had that debate yet, Remember i am new to all this.

yea handheld gaming is the best thats why i use a remote on a PC :lol:

and i hated my Xbox from day 1 didnt perform how i was expecting.

and you cant compare my PC to a Xbox :D

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 10:47 
Major General
Major General

You right as you cant compare any console against other let alone against pc as they are all individual and its up to the consumer on what they want and why they want for example a pc over a console or vice versa.

There might be advantages and disadvantages on each platform but you can never say the one is better that the other unless you want to compare the hardware but thats not the case.

As not all the consumers have the same needs. Personally I am a pc guy but I still love my xbox as I can play all the fighting games I have loved since my arcade days. I will keep supporting both platform as for me personally you cant play fps on a console but on pc better but hey thats my own opinion I dont force ppl on my opinion as thats not the ethical thing to do.

PC: I7 950, MSI X58 PRO - E, 12GB Kingston DDR3,XFX 5850, Gigabyte ODIN 720W, Gigabyte X8, Warboard, x7 Laser gaming Brilliance, Logitech X-530, Logitech G330.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 11:29 
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

yea, it is what the Individual prefers but i still love playing a Xbox when ever i do play.

the funny thing is all these ppl that use PC and say Xbox is stupid and for noobs is silly cuz gaming is gaming if on playstation, Xbox, PC dont really matter.

Well thats what i think :D

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 12:31 
Website Team Member
Website Team Member

Exactly my point. Though there is one single thing I forgot to mention that consoles have above the PC & that's there pick up & play ability...

...think about it. With PC's it's choosing the right hardware, buying all the pieces, about setting them up, installing OSs, getting service packs, getting windows update, constantly updating drivers, checking system requirements, worrying about viruses/malware/spam, updating anti-virus, performing copy protection RITUALS (a lot of chickens were slaughtered at midnight), etc...

...with X-box, it's purchase plug in & play. With the occasional system update.

Also picture this scenario:

A friend is coming over. You've been convincing him for quite a while to try a game with you in Co-op over the LAN, Gears of War. You invite him to bring his computer over. Unfortunately, you don't have adequate space for the extra PC so you have to shift some furniture around. Regrettably, when he arrives, he's forgotten his power cable, though you think you might have a spare. You then proceed for the next hour to search, high & low for this cable, only to realize that you don't have a spare. Anyway, your friend drives back to his place to pick up his cable;- though when he returns, you had realized that you could have stolen the kettle plug from the kitchen as a temporary fix. So you plug every thing in & realize he doesn't know diddly about IP settings as he just uses his computer for games like Mario. No problem, you're willing to teach him, which takes about 15 minutes (Lucky he's a fast learner; though tomorrow he'll get home before you change his IP settings back to obtain automatically, so now his Internet doesn't work. Then you spend the next 15 minutes over the phone trying to undo it). Anyway, you fix the network. Now he needs to install Gears of War. You could at this point provide him with an illegal copy of the game (in theory; I do not support piracy), or you could legitimately have a second copy of the game lying around. Regardless, you may install the game on two computers, though it requires a CD in the drive to start, so you'll be hot swapping every time it crashes for PC as you haven't patched it yet. FINALLY you get settled and play with moderate lag (as he has a Celeron processor) in addition to vomit worthy graphics (Have you ever seen Gears for PC on low quality?). You play, he packs up & is on his way (though you sprain your knee carrying his monitor down the stairs). You say goodbye & when you ask if he wants to do it again, his reply is : "No!". Thereafter, you have to put all the furniture back in place, with your sprained knee.

OR

A friend is coming over. You've been convincing him for quite a while to try a game with you in Co-op on the X-Box, Gears of War. He comes over, you explain the controls. He at first complains about split screen, but soon gets used to it. Thereafter you have an awesome session of gaming. As HE's about to leave, he asks: "When can we do this again?"

That's what I mean by pick up & play gameplay.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 12:43 
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

omw so lol, yea you very right on alot of those points.

but PC's are trying to make more Plug & play features, thats all i can say in the PC's defence :D

Thanx for the story was funny 1, But Xbox will pwn PC there.

is ur mission for me to sell my PC and get a Xbox again? :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 13:31 
Major General
Major General

WOW Ally arent u a little biased now? coz there is more than just play and play when it comes to all things in the gaming world hey but does play a big role although that not all people like split screen as not all people have big tv or HD tvs. I have a normal 51cm tv and its horrible playing split screen games thats where pc is superior. hardware might be expensive but so is HD tvs to get the full potensial of any console

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 14:47 
Website Team Member
Website Team Member

No. No I'm not. For my PC to play Diablo III I have to shell out quite a significant amount of cash. Besides, the first story was presented in a jokey format. Might I remind you:

TWAKKIE wrote:
WOW the good ol debate again cmon guys its pointless we all know that handheld gaming is the best cmon :P

Joke? ;)