FRAG Forums

The forums of the FRAG LAN
It is currently 27 Jan 2021, 18:44

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Prizes for 4 day lan
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 10:46 
Major General
Major General

Anyone here has some poker sets to borrow oh and that reminds me that friday we can have our long overdue chess game silurian

PC: I7 950, MSI X58 PRO - E, 12GB Kingston DDR3,XFX 5850, Gigabyte ODIN 720W, Gigabyte X8, Warboard, x7 Laser gaming Brilliance, Logitech X-530, Logitech G330.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 20:02 
LAN Owner
LAN Owner

this is going to be poker , Chess , Risk < scabble , Lan , Xbox and in October we bring a new addition to the lan a porta pool

http://www.pe-Tourism.com/

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 08:22 
Major General
Major General

Do you really think a pool is a good idea?

PC: I7 950, MSI X58 PRO - E, 12GB Kingston DDR3,XFX 5850, Gigabyte ODIN 720W, Gigabyte X8, Warboard, x7 Laser gaming Brilliance, Logitech X-530, Logitech G330.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 11:23 
Major General
Major General

Pool is a bad idea.

And wont poker cause a problem as it could be deemed as gambling and you would require a license. I would really like to play pokwer but I'mm just wondering if there might be legal ramifications.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 11:30 
LAN Admin Team Member
LAN Admin Team Member

Doppl3R wrote:
Pool is a bad idea.

And wont poker cause a problem as it could be deemed as gambling and you would require a license. I would really like to play pokwer but I'mm just wondering if there might be legal ramifications.

it won't be gambling if it is just for bragging rights... or for fun!

pool = good idea (just not for idiots to go and sit wet by the db boards!!!)

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 12:59 
Major General
Major General

well if we had a roulette table now thats gambling :P

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 09:38 
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Tbh, I'm not impressed with the prize scheme.
Let's get this straight - We are all led to believe that the prizes are gonna be "HUGE" for this 4-day thing. So we all get ready to fork out MORE for entrance (and since it's a 4 day lan, MORE on food and refreshments). Then we read this thread, and see that prizes are very similar, if not exactly the same as the previous 2 Frag events. R200 p/p for 2nd place DotA? (Note: Not even considering 1st place because TwG is siifffff :shock: ) That barely covers our entrance fees.

I'm really disappointed with this, as i thought it would really be a major event. So glad I didn't pay my entrance before I read this. Anywho, enough rambling from me now :) see you guys at the October LAN, when I hopefully have funds and motivation to attend. :ugeek:

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 09:44 
LAN Admin Team Member
LAN Admin Team Member

Sheepbot wrote:
Let's get this straight - We are all led to believe that the prizes are gonna be "HUGE" for this 4-day thing. So we all get ready to fork out MORE for entrance (and since it's a 4 day lan, MORE on food and refreshments). Then we read this thread, and see that prizes are very similar, if not exactly the same as the previous 2 Frag events. R200 p/p for 2nd place DotA? (Note: Not even considering 1st place because TwG is siifffff :shock: ) That barely covers our entrance fees.

I'm really disappointed with this, as i thought it would really be a major event. So glad I didn't pay my entrance before I read this. Anywho, enough rambling from me now :) see you guys at the October LAN, when I hopefully have funds and motivation to attend. :ugeek:

so can i cancel your seat booking then?

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 10:11 
Website Team Leader
Website Team Leader

btw we not paying more for better prizes we paying more to stay the extra days

the extra cost on you goes the same way for frag more cost for staying the extra day more cost for the tables the renting of the place ect ect ect

plus that is just what frag is handing out as prises there are still sponser to come (hopefully)

enough rambling though

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.

http://ush.sytes.net Give us a visit

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 10:16 
Major General
Major General

Damn I am hardly of the site and this happens. Be lucky that there are prizes. Remember tbh if you find a LAN that hosts a lan without making profit (excluding garage LANS) please feel free to tell me about them.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 12:48 
LAN Admin Team Member
LAN Admin Team Member

Silurian wrote:
plus that is just what frag is handing out as prises there are still sponser to come (hopefully)

i can reassure you guys, we are working on every possible avenue for sponsorship... it's getting really tough out there... :(

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 14:53 
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

douglash wrote:
Sheepbot wrote:

so can i cancel your seat booking then?

The rest of the clan will most likely still be there, so no.

Silurian wrote:
btw we not paying more for better prizes we paying more to stay the extra days

the extra cost on you goes the same way for frag more cost for staying the extra day more cost for the tables the renting of the place ect ect ect

enough rambling though

Fair enough, if that's what you're into. For the competitive teams however, most of us only like to attend for the competitions. I mean 4 days of playing PC games? Cmon... I know that TwG, eG etc all only stay for the comps and play to win prizes. Perhaps you prefer to attend and play simply for fun, but from our side, we're just interested in the competitive side of things. 4 days is a bit much. So personally, I don't have enough motivation to attend. I like to at least cover my costs, but a 2nd place prize, for instance, won't even get me halfway. :(

It's simply my POV tho, each to his own.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 15:18 
LAN Admin Team Member
LAN Admin Team Member

Sheepbot wrote:
a 2nd place prize, for instance, won't even get me halfway. :(

yeah, it's a personal thing...

but imho, if you coming to play competitively but you're aiming for 2nd, maybe you shouldn't... well, at least i wouldn't! if i play, i play for 1st, if i come 2nd, i try harder next time... but that's just my POV..

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 16:01 
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

douglash wrote:
yeah, it's a personal thing...

but imho, if you coming to play competitively but you're aiming for 2nd, maybe you shouldn't... well, at least i wouldn't! if i play, i play for 1st, if i come 2nd, i try harder next time... but that's just my POV..

Of course we aim for 1st, who wouldn't. However we do think about things realistically, and just as the cod4 clans know they wont beat entropy anytime soon, we know that we won't beat TwG in the DotA either. Therefore what is there to look to but 2nd place?

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 18:00 
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

I'd just like to add that James did say "Next LAN the prizes are gonna be HUGE, I promise!". That does get "promised" to us frequently though. Perhaps he was talking about guitar hero or something. Nevertheless, it seems that Jarryd and the rest of G.G are likely to pull out too (for the same reason). I will let you know whether or not to cancel our booking once the prizes have been confirmed (as I do hope they will be sometime before the event).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next