FRAG Forums

The forums of the FRAG LAN
It is currently 27 Jan 2021, 02:06

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Source or 1.6?
Source 50%  50%  [ 19 ]
1.6 50%  50%  [ 19 ]
Don't care 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 38
 Post subject: Re: CS 1.6 / CS:S
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 23:10 
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Ya i think we need to stick to Ron's rules cos this fighting is getting pretty :roll: well you know
go here to view the rules of the forum

Remember gaming is meant to be for fun, being good at it is an added bonus

Last edited by Crys!s on 03 Nov 2008, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 23:17 
Recruit
Recruit

DarkSilencer wrote:
Konvict, dude, have you even played CS:S or am I talking to someone that just likes to run his mouth? Some people prefer little/no recoil and some people don't. Maybe you and I are talking about a different kind of "messed up" hitbox? I meant "messed up" as in changed/edited/made smaller.

Let me set it out for you in a way that you will understand:

1.6:

More recoil
Bigger hitbox

Source:

Less recoil
Smaller hitbox

So do you see? Both games are different yet they weigh each other out.

Source does require skill just like any other game, why don't you go and try play against the worlds best Source player or even the top player on the I.S/SGS server? I'm sure if Source doesn't require skill, you will beat him no problem?

I don't want to talk about this again please, its getting old. As i said...moving on...

Youre quite sad. If you only knew who I was, being in the BEST CSS team in the country at the moment and being in the top3 1.6 team in the country, I think I know what im talking about. The messed up hitbox that im talking about is that you dont actually have to aim at the guy to kill him and the fact that you think 1.6 is easy compared to CSS just shows me your some noob that has never been to a major SA comp in his life. Source requires very little skill in comparison to 1.6. Competition wise its the same, strat calling in 1.6 is indepth, in CSS its simple.

I honestly dont know how you can argue when you have not played both games in competition mode. CSS is a FFA game and should stay that way. 1.6 is a competition game and SA should stop [BLEEP] about not being on international level if we cant compete internationally because we play a different game. Sure there might be CSS comps overseas but non big enough to invite other countries like the 1.6 ones. We might have a stable CSS league, but why you think that is? Because everyone moved to CSS and BOTC caught on and saw a gap.

I dont want to argue anymore with a nobody. When you got some real information and facts then come talk.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 02:20 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Quote:
Remember gaming is meant to be for fun, being good at it is an added bonus

Lies?!?!? :D? The internetz is serious business!

Quote:
I dont want to argue anymore with a nobody

Just because he isn't know doesn't mean he might not be right? :P

Just trolling now :P
Evax made a post on sgs and most of the players agreed C.S 1.6 is better and source is more random and generally retarded.

Just a question if C.S 1.6 is a better game why do you Cs players all play Source? I mean when BF 2142 came out and it failed they all went back to BF2, surely all the Cs players could have done the same and stayed with 1.6?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 02:48 
Website Team Member
Website Team Member

Phantomstuna wrote:
"w.r.t. the ppl who actually playing to votes, I can say GFL is DEFINITELY coming and we're are for 1.6. (dunno if all members registered here). Are the source votes just from random FFA players or are there actually clans playing who think that CS:S is a better competition game than 1.6? If so, I feel sorry for SA's gaming future. "

King calm, dude... Its not that we think its a "better competition game" its that 90% of the SA CS population are on CSS... sadly... It would be great to see a better crowed in 1.6 as i do enjoy the game... but, the gamers of today judge a game by its graphics... really, thats just lame. Look at crysis, awsome graphics... really pathetic gameplay in both SP and MP... FarCry 2, nice Single player.. Really, really bad multiplayer (tank like superman, wtf ??)

Once people start to realise that games aren't all shiny colours and perfect actions, then games like 1.6 and quake 3 will be back to their glory days.. and as well supported as they are in the european countries... because, they have realised that which i have mentioned above, and saw a [BLEEP] game when it came to them (css, quake4, cod5 soon).

thats just my 2c...

but, my vote was for css anyway because of the clan that i am involved in and the fact that i have been playing it for longer.

All King_Calm is saying is that, these votes are being made by potentially random people who are not even coming to the December LAN and that our team who is definitely coming [3 of us got tickets within opening week] put our vote into 1.6.

Now clearly Konvict [from bravado-gaming] who has a lot more experience in 1.6 and Source than most of the forumers, thinks that it should be 1.6 for some technical and some logistical reasons [such as the state of gaming in SA being more source orientated at the moment]. The problem with 1.6 in SA, is that sponsors are hard to find [its kinda catch-22 asking a large company to sponsor your game thats 5 years old when there is a more recent version of the game that could better show off their hardware/products or could get more numbers at the event].

I don't think the argument of 1.6 or CSS here can truly decided since their is such a split in the community that you will always reach a stalemate [which doens't really help Frag.co.za at all]. I think that people should rather think as a group and come to some sort of middle ground. The ultimate decision is do we [as a country] want:

CSS: To keep on doing whats the best for each person in the country [due to the current position there is more numbers and sponsorship in source]. Basically, everyone can compete in Source locally but no chance ever of competing on what they (and the majority of the world) may feel the more stable, strategic and skillful platform. [e.g. CSS events : rAge / Some USA leagues]

1.6: Still the international standard for 1.6, if any team from SA would ever want to compete overseas it would almost definitely be in 1.6, not source. However, this decision would need the community to get support from sponsors to see that, for maximum exposure they'd have to back something thats not the most recent. [e.g. 1.6 events: ESWC/ Kode5/ [CPL used to be before it ceased operations / WCG / everything big in the world]

Konvict: I rate walle > zet personally :D

</google_stalking>
</2c>

It's kinda Prisoner-Dilemma-like, but yeah, it's something that should have been made before people make changes in games :/

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 08:45 
LAN Owner
LAN Owner

to close to call guys this is really really close dunno what to do. Please help

http://www.pe-Tourism.com/

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 09:03 
Captain
Captain

i change my vote to cs 1.6 at least there will be a challenge i play pretty good in cs1.6 but better in source .guys want old school so i feel it and i change my vote from source to cs1.6

8-) looking forward to it.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 13:07 
Recruit
Recruit

Well, this certainly has taken a turn for the worst!
I was sure this event was going to be CS 1.6 as stated on FRAG's web-page, so a couple of my mates from Jhb were going to come and play in the competition for lulz and giggles... I even asked a couple 'top' teams from CS 1.6 to come and play, still under the impression it was CS 1.6.

Right, now this is where everything went haywire. Suddenly a vote had been called for CSS or CS 1.6 to be played in the tournament. As an organizer, it is in your best interest not to mess around the community... once you state which game will be played it must be set in stone that that is the game. If you had done a poll on CSS/CS 1.6 before you announced the competition I'd say "sure, that's hunky-dory" but alas, this was not the case.

I for one hope that it's CS 1.6, CSS is absolutely terrible.

Oh and DarkSilencer, that comment about Konvict not knowing anything and being some random... well that just made me fall off my chair with laughter. Having played with him at ESWC, rAge and KODE5 I think it's fair to say this lad has more competition experience than any of you shall ever have.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/member/konvict
http://www.sk-gaming.com/member/anthem

Enough said, thanks for your time.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 14:54 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

ROFL, both of you can throw as many stats as you want at me and i still wont give a damn so stop wasting your time. I prefer CS:S and you prefer 1.6. Get over it, I know I have.

-Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it-

-The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open-

-A winner listens, a loser just waits until it's their turn to talk-

-If you are not part of the cure, then you are part of the problem-

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 15:04 
LAN Owner
LAN Owner

This poll is going like zimbabawe elections. Look like CSS is winning Dam I hate steam. This poll will close on Friday so tell your mate whatever they and you want to play to vote

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 15:19 
Captain
Captain

BASICALLY THE QUESTION IS ARE THERE ANY TOP SOUTH AFRICAN 1.6 TEAMS COMING TO FRAG SHOWCASE IF THEY ARE THEN WE PLAY 1.6 AND SEE HOW GOOD WE ARE COMPETING AGAINST THEM.

IF THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON CLAIMING THAT THERE ARE TOP TEAMS COMING ALL BECAUSE HE WANTS TO PLAY 1.6 THEN WE PLAY CSS.

CSS IS A UNBIASED COUNTER STRIKE GAME AND EVERYONE HAS THE SAME STATS AND THE SAME PLAYING FIELD THERE WILL BE KNOW ISSUES .

IF WE PLAY 1.6 WHICH HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE I HAD MY FIRST BALL HAIR THEN ITS NOT BALANCED.

IF THERE ARE GUYS WHO CLAIM THEY ARE THE BEST AT 1.6 THEN COME TO FRAG SHOWCASE AND PROVE YOU THE BEST AT SOURCE AND TO SHOW THOSE WHO DOUBT YOUR SKILL AND MAKE THEM RUN HOME TO MOMMY :cry:

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 15:37 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Yeah! We could have just said that from the start :lol:

-Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it-

-The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open-

-A winner listens, a loser just waits until it's their turn to talk-

-If you are not part of the cure, then you are part of the problem-

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 15:58 
LAN Owner
LAN Owner

Guys this is killing me 50% 50% what do I do

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 16:08 
Recruit
Recruit

Frag said 1.6, why the sudden change?! :(
And DarkSilencer, your posts made me laugh and annoyed me at the same time, no idea whats what when it comes to cs...

Peace! xD

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 16:24 
Captain
Captain

where exactly does frag say that it was 1.6 and not source or 1,6.

i remember it always to be either or for 1.6 or source please correct me if im wrong but i want see this for my own eyes that they only said 1.6. :shock:

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 16:31 
Recruit
Recruit

I really couldn't give a flying [BLEEP - manually] which game is chosen anymore. I'm coming to play TF2... FRAG's already [BLEEPED - manually again..] the experience for me.

[Note: continue to cheat the system and you will receive a warning/ban!]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next